Yes, you can schedule pins in advance on Pinterest using their internal scheduler. This feature allows you to plan and schedule your pins to be published at specific times in the future. However, please note that Pinterest’s internal scheduler has a limit of scheduling 10 pins up to 30 days in advance.
If you need to schedule pins for a longer time frame, you might want to consider using a third-party pin scheduler like Tailwind. Tailwind is a tool that specializes in Pinterest and Instagram scheduling, and it allows you to schedule pins for dates beyond the 10 pins/ 30 day limit set by Pinterest’s internal scheduler.
How To Schedule A Pin On Pinterest
To schedule a pin on Pinterest using their internal scheduler, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Click “Create” tab on the top left menu.
- Then scroll down and click “Create Pin“.
4. Upload the image you want to pin and provide all relevant meta data (title, description, url, alt text, etc ). Choose the boards you wish to publish your pin to.
5. Before clicking the “Publish” button, you’ll see two options (on the bottom of the pop-up) and you will need to select a circle. 1. Publish Immediately (should be highlighted all ready) 2. Publish At A Later Date
6. Pick Option 2: Date and Time Boxes should populate
7. Choose the date and time for the pin to be published.
8. Complete any additional details or settings, and then click “Publish.”
Scheduling pins in advance is a straight forward process if you follow the steps listed above.
You are limited to 10 pins in your queue and you can only schedule out 30 days. This is for what is called “manual pinning”
The ability to schedule pins may change over time, so it’s a good idea to check Pinterest’s official help resources for the most up-to-date information on scheduling pins.
A Note About Tailwind
If you’re looking to schedule pins beyond the 30 day limit, you can explore using Tailwind or other third-party tools that offer more flexibility in scheduling options.
I prefer Tailwind as I have had success using the tool. With tailwind you can schedule hundreds of pins over years (if needed). Some people use tailwind to automatic pin and never even touch Pinterest other than initial set up.
If you intend to market through Pinterest you need a marketing strategy. Two of the top but simple strategies are to pin consistently and regularly.
People ignore this advice but it is true and a proven formula.
I currently pin 1-5 fresh pins per day. This is made easier with my subscription to Tailwind as it helps me keep track of every detail.
Is there a scheduler you prefer? I would love to hear which ones you use!
Enjoying this series on Pinterest? Let me know in the comments!