Are you worried you may get your KDP Account Terminated? Read on to find out whar can get you banned from KDP.
It is important to remember that in Amazon’s Terms And Conditions for KDP it states that they have the freedom to terminate an account for any reason they choose. Your account is therefore always at Amazon’s mercy.
BUT, there are reasons that an account can be terminated and we will be discussing those in today’s post.
It is important to note that not all accounts are terminated right away. Sometimes a warning or a suspension is given instead but nothing is guarenteed.
What Can Get You Banned From KDP?
1. The big one is using copyrighted, trademarked, and licensed material without express permission will absolutely get your account banned. DO NOT COPY someone else’s work period.
This includes copyrighted material in the cover, interior, keywords, and title of the book.
2. Duplicate Content. This is sort of part of the first reason but it can apply outside of copyrighted material.
3. Having more than one account.
4. Uploading More Than 1000 Books In A Week. This one is a hard one for us to understand because if you are creating high quality books there is no way you could upload that many books in one week (unless some how you saved up a bunch of books at one time but that to seems unlikely).
In this case the account gets flagged and Amazon watches the account closely which could lead to an all out ban.
5. Using Upload Automation Software. Software that uploads the content for you. Most of the time this software is used to Spam (See Below) the system with a lot but low quality books.
6. False Reviews: Reviews are important for getting higher bsr ranks and a higher number of sales. Getting false reviews for your books from the following ways can result in account termination.
- Families and friends (leaving false reviews).
- Paying For Reviews. For example, fiver has people whose services include leaving reviews for money.
- Using Automated Systems
Amazon uses sophisticated software to track users and patterns. You will eventually get caught and your account terminated so don’t take a chance and do not use false reviews.
7. Low Quality Books. Spelling and Grammar mistakes top the list of possible low quality issues. You can always fix these mistakes but the book will have to go through the review process again. Try to avoid making these mistakes before you upload your book.
8. Keyword Stuffing: Using the same words over and over again in title, keywords, author names, Subtitle, etc.
9. Spamming: This can be using the same title, subtitle, interior over again. For example, in the instance of mongramed books. It is the same book with a different person’s name. There are some exceptions like journals which have the same interiors.
Uploading too many books at the same time (usually using upload automated software) is another form of spam. This second one is important because if you are uploading a high number of books (like 1000 per week), the quality of these books is bound to be low. So you would be spamming as well as violating other rules like low qualtity.
10. Using Famous names for your own author names. It is not okay to use already famous names for your author account. This includes other famous author names as well. For example using names like Steve Jobs or Jk Rowling or even Harry Potter is not allowed. More than likely these names are trademarked as well.
Remember that having a KDP account is always at Amazon’s discretion. You can help avoid a ban, termination, suspension, and warnings by following the rules. Good Luck on your KDP Adventure!
KDP Series Links
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Leave a reply below!
You can create your free starter account here to see if it’s a good fit for you.
Need more information? Read