This list is for anyone looking into starting their own business and needing the tools of the trade. By no means is this list exhaustive but we will keep our affiliate marketing tools list updated. We picked the best tools in each category. If you have any questions or recommendations for this list please leave a comment below.
Use the Table Of Contents to skip around the sections.
Please note there are a few affiliate links on the page. That means we might earn a small commission if you click the link and make a purchase. This does not cost you any more and helps keep this site running ad free.
We only promote tools we actually use so there is no fluff or BS on this page or on this site. Many of the tools we recommend are free or have a free plan available.
Affiliate Marketing Courses
- Wealthy Affiliate: By far our number one recommendation for starting a business online.
- My Online Startup: Has some great free training. The mindset section is definitely the best part and highly recommended.
There are many great places to host your website and we have compiled a list. The one we left off the list is Wealthy Affiliate.
If you sign up with the Wealthy Affiliate training course as a premium member you get free hosting for up to 10 sites as part of the package. WA has managed hosting.
|Name||Shared Price||Virtual Private Servers (VPS) Price||Dedicated $||Managed $||Cloud $|
|Bluehost||Starts @ $2.75 per month||$18.99|
|Dreamhost||$2.95 /month||$13.75 /month||Starts @ $149.99 / month||Starts @ $12.00 / month||Starts @ $4.50 / month|
|Site Ground||Starts @ $4.99||n/a||n/a||Starts @ $4.99||Starts @ $100.00|
|WPEngine||n/a||n/a||n/a||Starts @ $25.00||n/a|
|GreenGeeks||Starts @ $2.49||Starts @|
|n/a||Starts @ $2.95||n/a|
|Host Gator||Starts @ $2.08||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
Out of the options on the table, Dreamhost has the most hosting options to chose from.
Note: While shared hosting is an option and definitely cheaper we don’t recommend it. Managed and dedicated hosting are the preferred types.
With shared hosting you are literally sharing resources with everyone else. This is ok if you only have a trickle of traffic, but if you have more than that, or expect more traffic than that you want something other than shared hosting. So, please keep that in mind when you choose a hosting plan.
|Theme Name||Yearly Price||Lifetime Price||Bundles|
|Astra||$57.00||n/a||$169.00 – $249.00|
These 4 themes are the fastest and most lightweight WordPress themes available. Our favorite 2 are GeneratePress and Kadence.
SEO Plugins: Seo Plugins are wonderful tools especially when you are just getting started. They help guide you as you write your content.
|Plugin Name||Free Plan Available?||Pro Plan Price|
|All In One SEO|
|Yes||$49.50 – $299.00|
|RankMath||Yes||$59.00 or $199.00 For Business Plan|
Note: Even though SEO plugins are great tools they are still just tools. They are not always right. Write for your audience not the plugin. Just use the plugin as a guide and not use like the plugin is in charge.
Other Free Plugins
- Image Plugins
- Lazy Images
- Smush: Has Pro Plan.
- WP Product Review Lite
- Lucky WP Table Of Contents: Plugin that automatically adds a table of contents to every page.
- Sassy Social Share: Adds social sharing buttons to your site.
- Insert Headers and Footers: Plugin that allows you to add code directly to your website without having to dive in to the source code of your website. This is very handy for things like verifying your site with Google Search Console, Pinterest, Bing Webmaster Tools, etc.
- Pretty Links: Does have a pro plan available. Turns ugly affiliate links in to smaller “pretty” links.
- Updraft: Does have a pro plan available. Updraft is a website backup plugin.
|Name||Free Plan Available||Essential|
Keyword tools are a must have for your affiliate tools toolbox. They can be pretty expensive but if you have the money they are well worth it.
As part of the Wealthy Affiliate package you get free access to Jaaxy lite and unlimited searches. Jaaxy Lite is only available through WA and not open to the public. If you are a premium plus member you are automatically upgraded to the pro plan.
|Name||Free Plan||Pro Plan||Business Plan|
|Jaaxy||Up to 30 searches||$49.00||$99.00|
|SEMRush||Free Trial||$119.95||$229.95 – $449.95|
|Ahrefs||Start for $7.00||Starts @ $99.00||$179.00 – $999.00|
|Ubbersuggest||$29.99||$49.00 – $99.00 |
Lifetime also available
$290.00 – $999.00
- Share A Sale: Hundreds of brads at your disposal.
- CJ Affiliate (Originally called Commission Junction)
- Impact: Large network of brands including Canva, Walmart, etc.
- Awin: Etsy is our favorite Awin brand.
- ClickBank: ClickBank is the largest affiliate network of digital products.
- Rakuten (Originally called LinkShare)
- Skimlinks: This is one affiliate network that we just started using on our other site. It has been a revelation! Hundreds of thousands of brands under one roof. Quick overview: You place plain non-affiliate links on your site and skimlinks turns those links in to affiliate links automatically (as long as the store you are using is part of the network). Basically it is an all-in-one affiliate link network!
Autoresponders are for email marketing. If you wish to gain subscribers and send emails and newsletters you absolutely need an autoresponder service. Our number one recommendation is AWeber. It is the service we use, love, and enjoy. Best part their free plan is great for those just getting started.
|AWeber||Free up to 500 subscribers||$19.99|| Starts @ |
|GetResponse||Free Trial||$15.00||$49.00||$99.00 and Up|
|ConvertKit||Free up to 1000 subscribers||$29.00||$59.99||n/a|
|Mail Chimp||Free up to 2000 subscribers||Starts @|
| Starts @ |
| Starts @ |
Please note that Mail Chimp does not allow anyone in the MMO niche (make money online)to use their service. It is part of their terms and conditions.
- Google AdSense
- Google Docs: Free
- Notepad: Free
- Grammarly: Free Plan Available. Pro upgrade allows you to check for duplicate content / plagiarism.
Buy And Sell Websites